Merry Christmas! Christmas is the most popular celebration in the United States. We have been busy decorating the house, buying presents for loved ones, and baking special Christmas treats.
Here are 5 common phrasal verbs for this season:
1. Look forward to: it means to wait for something with pleasure.
I am looking forward to reading Camille’s new book. 😉
I am looking forward to celebrating Christmas with my family.
2. Dress up: it means to wear clothes that are more formal than you usually wear.
I always dress up for our special Christmas dinner.
He dressed up yesterday for his date.
3. Meet up: to meet with someone in order to do something.
We should meet up for coffee during Christmas break.
Will you meet up with me to discuss tomorrow’s project?
4. Put up: to place something in an upright position so everyone can see it.
We put up our Christmas tree last week.
When do you put up your Christmas decorations?
5. Take down: to remove something that was previously put up.
We take down our Christmas tree the day after Christmas.
He has to take down his Christmas decorations, it’s January!