Hello from Paris! I’m trying to understand REAL LIFE French has motivated me to write this post on keys to help you understand REAL LIFE English!
Start with Easy Material
Begin with simpler dialogues and gradually progress to more complex ones as you build your confidence and vocabulary.
Listen for Keywords
Pay attention to keywords and phrases that carry the main ideas of the conversation. Understanding these will help you grasp the overall message.
Jot down unfamiliar words or phrases during the dialogue. Later, research and study their meanings and usage.
Repeat and Shadow
Repeat after the speakers to practice pronunciation and intonation. Shadowing involves speaking simultaneously with the dialogue to mimic the rhythm and flow of the language.
Look for dialogues with accompanying transcripts. Reading while listening can aid comprehension and reinforce learning.
I hope you can put some of these TIPS to understand real life english in practice in the next weeks!
Thanks for learning with me!
By the way, I have a REAL LIFE ENGLISH 31 Day Dialogue Workshop that I created just for YOU.
Here’s what is included:
- 31 dialogues with audio – You can do one each day
- 31 multiple choice quizzes – one per day to test comprehension
- 31 slow dialogue audios
- 62 “duet with me” audios – We leave space in the audio for you to say one part of the dialogue.
- 7 Comprehension questions per dialogue – 217 total!
- Learn 106 Idioms/phrasal verbs + examples
- Learn 329 Vocabulary words + examples
- Downloadable / Printable Course Worksheet
Even though the workshop is 31 days you will have LIFETIME access!